Are wireless smart homes in Bend worth it?
In the not-so-distant past, home security systems were restricted to wired devices connected through a long installation. Those days are done. Wireless innovation has transformed the market and introduced a world of possibilities for residents.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Bend is a good option for you? Explore what you ought to know about going wireless.
What you should know before deciding to go wireless
The core of any wireless setup is a stable connection to the internet. Consistent, high-speed internet and a compatible wireless router are the primary components you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in quite some time, consider doing it now to capitalize on the most recent performance enhancements.
If you live in an area without dependable fast internet or cell coverage, you may be better off with a hard-wired connection. Or, if you relocate to a residence that is hardwired for home security, it may be sensible monetarily to stick with that setup.
Regardless of where you reside, network and electrical blackouts can occur. With this in mind, find security systems with cellular and battery backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Bend?
Defending your property against common threats like theft and fire is the main objective of any home security system. You can accomplish this with wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to take advantage of the newest advancements, a wireless smart home is your best option. When you install a wireless system, you can enjoy the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to secure your entrances or view live footage from your smartphone? A wireless smart home provides a measure of control and access you’ve never seen previously. You can check or adjust any system devices remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: Not only can you access your system, but it may also reach you. If a sensor is triggered, an update will be sent immediately to your cell phone app. You’ll always be notified when something happens, no matter where you are.
● Flexibility and scalability: Dissimilar to wired components, you can place wireless ones practically wherever you wish. Would you like to have a video camera on your desktop or in your child’s room? No problem! It’s also easy to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible drawbacks of wireless systems
Even though wireless smart homes in Bend have proven dependable and beneficial, there are a couple of potential shortcomings. Consider the following:
● You may have to replace batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered components, there’s always the potential for a disruption when the battery dies. However, smart elements will let you know when the battery is low and often last for several years without requiring a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There might be restrictions on how far you are able to place wireless components away from the primary command hub. This isn’t likely to be a problem in most homes, but you should ask about the distance prior to installing.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Just like other computer networks, the potential of hacking is there. But you can significantly minimize this risk by using strong passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with built-in security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Bend today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can offer by personalizing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy being able to access and control your Bend security system from any location. Reach out to (541) 327-4968 to begin.