Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bend smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete control of your Bend home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and find recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Bend do for you?
Wirelessly linking to devices through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also offers total remote access and control with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or saved footage from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bend by programming schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. For instance, an open door will prompt you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bend
Although various users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote functionality, select phone or email and provide the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bend smart home. Contact (541) 327-4968 to learn more.