Online purchasing and daily drop-offs have become customary for many homeowners. You love the ease of having items delivered at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages on your doorstep are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a serious problem, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to dissuade package theft, but they provide significantly more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an essential facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Bend video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you an array of advanced features, and the technology keeps improving. You are now able to customize detection zones, communicate with people at your door, and get real-time notifications whenever an item is dropped off.
The easiest way to see how a Bend video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various perks it can provide. Consider the following features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t find this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is an effective way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your entry and boxes on the walkway below. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- Vivid streams any time of day: What’s the purpose of having a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? The best models will give you incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to the person at your door: Is a person waiting at your front door? Bi-directional audio allows you to find out what they want. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will help you cut down on false alarms triggered by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access real-time and saved video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even let you talk with the person at your door. They’ve turned into must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.